Effective as of December 22, 2018
What is a cookie and how DropApps uses it
A cookie is a small text file sent from a visited website to the user’s browser. DropApps stores a cookie in the users computer or mobile device in order to help us to improve user experience, remembering information about user preferences on a future visit, thus increasing DropApps’s website efficiency. With the storage of cookies, the user does not need to introduce information repeatedly.
DropApps uses the cookies, for example, to remember user language or to count the number of visitors by page.
Type of cookies used by DropApps
- Advertising: We use advertising cookies such as PREF or NID from Google Services to improve ads customization on a search event. This way, the ads shown are more attractive to the user.
- Analytics: Analytics cookies are used to help us collect information about the website visitors for statistics purposes, improving the value of our business (Example: Which country visits us more often? What is the average age of our users?).
- Session: These types of cookies are only available until the user closes the browser, allowing access and passing information.
- Third-party: These cookies are created from third-party services like Google, Youtube, Facebook or Twitter and can be used to monitor services efficiently like advertising.
How to manage cookies
All browsers allow users to accept, refuse or delete specific cookies through browser definitions.
Can you switch off cookies?
To switch off cookies, you need to change your browser settings. You may set up, freely and at any time, the installation of cookies through your browser. Information about it may be consulted at:
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Google Chrome for Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392971?hl=en
- Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.60/en/cookies.html
For further information about how to do this please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/. Please note that if you choose to switch off cookies on your device, that will mean certain functions of our sites or apps cannot operate properly and the usability of our services may be affected. For further information regarding cookies and behavioral advertising: http://www.allaboutcookies.org and http://www.youronlinechoices.com